LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
Last week, I talked about the 10 "must know" memory loss warning signs. If you missed that episode, listen to this one, then go back and watch that one. Today I'm going to share the 5 steps to take if you're worried that your loved one has memory loss.
Memory loss and memory problems that get in the way of daily life are NOT a normal part of aging. So, please take your concerns seriously by learning more about the 10 must know memory loss warning signs and which steps to take when you're concerned.
Here's a peak inside the episode:
- [02:17] Next Step #1: Write down your observations of memory loss incidents. Download the 10 must know memory loss warning signs checklist that I include in my memory loss guide and use it to help you keep track of your observations.
- [04:09] Next Step #2: The second step if you're noticing signs of memory loss, is to pay attention to the timeline. Write down when you noticed these changes starting and any stressful events occurring at the same time.
- [05:40] Next Step #3: Share your concerns in a gentle and loving way. Let your loved one know that you're concerned about them. It can help to gently share some of the specific examples of what you've been observing (from Steps 1and 2).
- [07:19] Next Step #4: Encourage your loved one to see their primary care doctor
- [10:52] Next Step #5: when you're at the doctor and if you're older loved one allows you to be in the room with them, don't jump in and talk over your older loved one. Instead be respectful. Listen to the podcast to learn more about why this is so important.
- [13:07] BONUS Tips: Learn what to do if your older loved one is refusing to see their doctor and you're very very concerned about them.
By the end of this episode, you'll know exactly the steps to take if you're concerned about memory loss in your older loved one and when to help them seek medical care.
Want to learn more about memory loss?
Download The Ultimate Memory Loss Guide. In this guide, I share the 10 must know warning signs of memory loss, what to do if your loved one has memory loss, and the benefits of early detection of memory loss and related conditions. Download the guide now.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, then scroll down, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Know the 10 Memory Loss Warning Signs
- Dementia, Delirium, and When to Seek Medical Care
- FAQs about Delirium (Blog)
- Older Adult Refusing to Go to the Doctor? Try These 5 Expert Tips
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS POST: